Hi, I’m Sam. I’m a tech lead who’s spent most of my career working at financial institutions. I love Java and Kotlin, and I’ve picked up some reasonable JS and react skills along the way.
I don’t like writing these things, so instead here’s some answers to the question “what could you talk about for 30 minutes with no prep?”
- What developers can learn from astronauts (which I did as a talk at RedHat DevNation SF. They messed the audio recording up, but you can catch bits of it here)
- Why focusing on increasing your release cadence is the most important thing any team can do
- Why TDD is an incredibly important skill
- Lean Startup and my main failures and (less so) success with side hustles
- Hong Kong (and why you should definitely live abroad, at least for a little)
- US Politics
- Running and ultramarathons
If you want to chat more about anything, drop me an email.